TOM BEAN CITY COUNCIL
201 S. Britton St. Tom Bean, TX 75489
6:00p.m./Monday, January 9, 2017
1. CALL TO ORDER - Call to order by the Mayor
2. INVOCATION – Invocation by Chief Deater
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. ROLL CALL
Sherry E. Howard (Mayor)
Lonnie M. Jones
Ben Vincent (Mayor Pro-Tem)
5. PUBLIC COMMENTS (Limited to five minutes per person.)
6. REPORTS – Discussion Only
6.1 Report from Fire Department
Year to date runs, Grants, and equipment maintenance.
6.2 Report from Court Clerk
Fiscal Year Report and Activity Report.
6.3 Report from Police Dept.
Field Activity, DOS Reports, Community Policing Report, and Reserve hours.
6.4 Report from Public Works
Water Pumpage, Leaks, Wastewater Plant, Repairs, Training, Whitemound and Downtown Well.
6.5 Report from Public Works Clerk
Water Service and Hydrant Meter purchase.
6.6 Report from Mayor
Update on $1.2M water well loan, update on Holcombville grant, upcoming rededication of 1984 plaque at Pavilion Park.
7. CONSENT AGENDA (All consent agenda items are considered routine by City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember requests an item be removed and considered separately.)
7.1 Minutes of the Regular Session meeting held on December 12, 2016.
7.2 Financials for December 2016.
8. NEW BUSINESS
8.1 Consider and act upon approving Ordinance 2017-01 establishing a Council Governance Policy.
8.2 Consider and act upon plan for financing the Geotechnical Exploration testing by Alpha Testing on the WWP pond.
9. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Council may adjourn to Executive Session in accordance with article 551.074 Personnel Matters of the Government Code of the State of Texas to discuss the following:
9.1 Discuss resignation of Police Chief.
9.2 Discuss Interim Police Chief.
10. RECONVENE into Regular Session and Consider Action, if any, on items discussed in Executive Session.
11. COUNCIL COMMENTS regarding recognition of community members, city employees, and upcoming events.