TOM BEAN CITY COUNCIL
201 S. Britton St. Tom Bean, TX 75489
6:00p.m./Monday, March 13, 2017
1. CALL TO ORDER - Call to order by the Mayor
2. INVOCATION – Invocation by Donnie J. Neil
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. ROLL CALL
Sherry E. Howard (Mayor) Lonnie M. Jones Daniel Harrison
Ben Vincent (Mayor Pro-Tem) Brittany Melton Richard Scott
5. PRESENTATION TO FORMER LIEUTENANT STEELMAN BY POLICE DEPARTMENT.
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS (Limited to five minutes per person.)
7. REPORTS – Discussion Only
7.1 Report from Fire Department—Chief Jason Lankford
Year to date runs, Grants, and equipment maintenance.
7.2 Report from Whitewright EMS
Year to date runs.
7.3 Report from Library Director – Roberta Bumpus
Fiscal Year Budget and future plans.
7.4 Report from Court Clerk—Ms. Tammy Phillips
Fiscal Year Report and Activity Report.
7.5 Report from Police Dept.—Interim Chief Howard Day
Significant events, Calls for service, arrests, citations, vehicle info, department stats, completed projects, ongoing projects, future projects.
7.6 Report from Public Works—Public Works Director Steve Dane
Water Pumpage, Leaks, Wastewater Plant, Repairs, Training, Whitemound and Downtown Well.
7.7 Report from Mayor
Update on Holcombville grant, Created committee to interview/evaluate/select applicants for two $500 scholarships, Present selected applicants for April Council approval, Working with Library board/volunteers, TBBC is working with SADD group at TBMS on landscaping projects, Participate in the 2017 Women Rock Susan Hicks Memorial 5K, 10K, Half Marathon & Fun Run in Bonham on April 1st.
8. CONSENT AGENDA (All consent agenda items are considered routine by City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember requests an item be removed and considered separately.)
8.1 Minutes of the Regular Session meeting held on February 13, 2017.
8.2 Financials for February 2017.
9. NEW BUSINESS
9.1 Discuss and act upon appointing Roberta Bumpus as Library Director.
9.2 Discuss Only: Drew Satterwhite to discuss additional water well funding through Texas Water Development Board.
9.3 Discuss and act upon approving Resolution 2017-02 TBPD - TBCC JAG Grant Resolution.
10. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Council may adjourn to Executive Session in accordance with article 551.074 Personnel Matters of the Government Code of the State of Texas to discuss the following:
10.1 Discuss performance of Interim Police Chief
10.2 Discuss employment for Police Chief Position.
11. RECONVENE into Regular Session and Consider Action, if any, on items discussed in Executive Session.
12. COUNCIL COMMENTS regarding recognition of community members, city employees, and upcoming events.