No. 9 Lions' battle with No. 4 MSU Texas suspended at halftime, will resume at 2 p.m. Sunday at UNT's Apogee Stadium
By Texas A&M University-Commerce
Oct 7, 2018
Print this page
Email this article

Wichita Falls, Texas -- The football game between No. 9 Texas A&M University-Commerce and No. 4 Midwestern State University was delayed by weather at halftime and will resume on Sunday afternoon.
The game is currently tied at 10-10 at halftime and will resume at 2 p.m. Sunday at the University of North Texas' Apogee Stadium in Denton. There will be no admission charge for the remaining half of the game.

"We are so appreciative to UNT Vice President/Director of Athletics Wren Baker, Associate Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Jared Mosley, Coach Seth Littrell and their staffs for graciously allowing us to complete our game under such unique circumstances," stated A&M-Commerce Director of Athletics Tim McMurray. "On behalf of our colleagues at Midwestern State, we appreciate the Best In Class efforts of the entire UNT athletics program."


The Lions opened the scoring with 9:42 to go in the first quarter when Kristov Martinez (Edinburg) made a 20-yard field goal. The score was set up by an interception and 43-yard return by Dominique Ramsey (Converse - Judson).
MSU took a 7-3 lead on the ensuing drive, when quarterback Layton Rabb ran the ball in from eight yards out to cap an eight-play, 75-yard drive with 6:42 left in the first quarter.
The Lions retook the lead two drives later. Ryan Stokes (St. Louis) made a leaping touchdown catch on a 24-yard pass from Kane Wilson (New Orleans, La.) with 47 seconds remaining in the first quarter, giving the Lions a 10-7 lead.
In the second quarter, the teams traded missed field goals. MSU snagged an interception near midfield, then drive inside the Lion 5-yardline before the defense held, limiting the Mustangs to a field goal to tie the game at 10-all with 5:38 left in the half.
The Lions drove near the Mustang redzone, but the hosts intercepted a Wilson pass in the endzone. A&M-Commerce forced a punt going into halftime, followed by a lengthy weather delay before game officials determined the game should be completed Sunday.