School News
Bonham ISD is happy to inform you that we will be implementing the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
By Bonham ISD
Aug 10, 2020
Print this page
Email this article

What is CEP? Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is a USDA program that allows school districts to serve students a free breakfast and lunch.

When does it start? Bonham ISD already serves a free breakfast to students in Pre-K through 12th grade. Now Bonham ISD students Pre-K through 12th grade will have access to a free lunch starting on the first day of school.

Do parents have to fill out a meal application to qualify for CEP? No, parents will NOT have to fill out a meal application. However, parents will be expected to fill out a questionnaire that provides a range of household income; this information is still necessary to collect as it will be used to determine school district funding amounts from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) . You will have the choice of using an online form or a paper form. More information on this form will be made available soon.

I have never qualified for meal benefits in the past due to my family’s income. Will my child be able to receive free meals also? Yes, ALL Bonham ISD students will be eligible to receive a free breakfast and lunch meal.

I have money on my child’s meal account. Should I request a refund? No, you do not have to request a refund. Students in grades 4-12 will still be able to purchase extra entrees or a la carte items. All funds will roll over year to year, so you do not need to worry about losing the money on their account.

Can students take more than one meal? One free complete breakfast and lunch will be provided to each student. Additional entrees or a la carte items may be purchased.

What if my child wants the entrée or just one item from the breakfast or lunch line? Students must take a complete meal to receive it at no cost. If a student chooses to take only one or two items, they must pay a la carte pricing for those items.

Can I still use My School Bucks to add money to my child’s account? Yes, you may use or cash/check at the register.

For more information, please call Phyllis Kinnaird, Child Nutrition Director, at 903-640-5713 or email

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form , (AD-3027) found online at: , and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: .